Thursday, January 3, 2013

A New Way to Pray - Part 2


Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Philippians 4:6 (NIV)




Thanks for joining me for Part 2 of A New Way to Pray. In Part 1 we covered the A.C.T.S. method of praying. But I wanted a way to focus and get to the heart of what I wanted to say in supplication without skimping on adoration, confession, and thanksgiving.

Recently, another blogger gave me just the means to do so. I am sorry to say I can't credit her here as I've been unable to trace that source I found a few weeks ago. Therefore, this idea is by no means original, yet I pray it will energize and inspire you to revamp your prayer time. 

In a nutshell, you will need to break out your Supplication prayer into topics. Then, each day of the week cover a different topic. I've included my list as an example:

Sunday - Prayers for ministry including my church and our missionaries, the ministries of my She Speaks sister's and my own, Encouragement Cafe, Proverbs 31 Ministries and more. 

Mondays - Prayers for my family near and far. In depth prayer for my children, our parenting and preparing them to live in this world, not of it.

Tuesdays - Prayers for resources including fresh water, food, medical supplies and shelter for everyone in this world with a specific mindfulness of the blessings God has showered upon our family.

Wednesdays - Prayers for friends and their requests. Prayers for those at church on our prayer list. Prayers requests received on my blog and through Facebook. 

Thursdays -  Prayers for the poor, mentally and physically ill. Specific prayer for our Compassion International family: Pascaline, Dahling, Elibie, Bethlehelm and Jimmi. Prayer for Compassion, Smaritans Purse, our local food banks and shelters. 

Fridays - Prayers for our country and its leadership. Prayers for our international community, their governments, peace and healing. Peace.Peace. And more peace among all people. 

Saturday - Prayers for the oppressed. Specific prayer for those living in countries where practicing their faith is dangerous. More prayer for missionaries and their families, outreach organization working on behalf of those in highly vulnerable and extreme situations. 

Thanks again for joining me today. Tell us, what are prayers and topics you would add to my list above? And do share, what is your One Word for 2013?

It would be my honor to pray for you and your family. If you have a need, please leave it in the comments below. For more privacy, email me at teaganstravels@yahoo.com. 

In Jesus' Name, 
Michelle

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    We'd love to have your comments so post away!