Friday, January 27, 2012

Valentine DIY: Easy Cupcake Liner Wreath


Happy Friday everyone! My mom told me about these cupcake liner wreaths last year and I finally got around to making one. I love that it is an inexpensive and easy way to add a pop of color during the Valentine's season!




The materials you need are listed above. Ilined wreath with fabric first in case I decide to hang it on a mirror above the fireplace later. Next, I took a cupcake liner and folded it together to make a little flower. Then using my glue gun I added them all over the top flat side of the wreath in clusters to give the glue time to cool before adding into tight places. From there I filled in the clusters, the inside rim and the top of the wreath.

I love the way it turned out but will say that in the future I will stay away from liners with black in them. It made the inside of the wreath look too dark in my living room so now its happy home is my French door that gets more sunlight. Another tip is to stay away from lining the wreath with felt. I had a ton leftover from another project and started off with it on the wreath but the glue sticks so much better to cotton fabric.

I hope you'll try this easy Valentine's DIY and post a link when you are finished!


Isla says Happy Valentine's everyone! This is my first and I am so looking forward to February!

6 comments:

  1. A beautiful wreath! I appreciate hearing your tips about the fabric and no black in the liners. I'm taking notes! Thanks so much for linking up to my Valentine Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute wreath! I like how you covered your wreath first before adding the liners :)

    I just wanted to let you know that I host a weekly Friday Link Party and if you are interested, I would love for you to join!

    Have a wonderful day!
    Ashley
    www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable. I'd love for you to link up to my party this week. You can win a chance $20 of vintage jewelry just for linking up. http://trophyw.blogspot.com/2012/01/will-craft-forfree-jewelry.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable!!! LOVE it!! Now I'm going to be on the lookout for fun cupcake liners!
    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!! I saw you on Tater Tots and Jello. Would you please be willing to share this fabulous post with my readers for Fun Stuff Fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/02/14-days-of-valentines-fun-stuff-fridays_10.html

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to have your comments so post away!