Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Easter Burlap Banner and Hurricanes


I was so wrapped up in Valentines and St. Patrick's Day that Easter decor (or lack of) has caught me by surprise. I made a quickie burlap banner this year and love it for its simplicity. 


In addition to bright eggs I added wooden crosses. Easter reminds us of the wonderful hope and salvation Jesus gave us when he died for our sins. In this season of rebirth and new possibilities I hope you will reach out to me if I can answer any questions you have about Jesus. He wants you to know Him, right now and just as you are. Leave a comment if you would like to chat or email  teaganstravels@yahoo.com. I would love to share His truth with you and how He has blessed my life. 


The materials were all inexpensive: a yard of burlap, jute ribbon, scrap book paper I had hanging about, paint and wooden crosses. I used a template from Creations by Kara's Easter banner that made this super easy!


I love my banner and hurricanes that are flanking it on my mantel. Please share more of your Easter decor on my Destination: Inspiration linky party going on now! And do tell what you and your family are doing for Easter this year! I'd love to hear!

Have a great Wednesday! 

10 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle - Wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award.  Please come get all the details on my blog - www.cdm-arewethereyet.blogspot.com

    Hugs-
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for linking this to Handmade Tuesdays.  I will be pinning this!  I LOVE the colors, burlap, the crosses, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Featuring you next week on Handmade Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Carol! This is a huge honor and I am so excited!! I was also nominated by Cameron but haven't been able to post because life is just crazy chaotic right now! I promise to post about this and nominate some awesome blogs as soon as I return! Thank you SO much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This totally made my weekend!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This banner is beautiful- I love that you incorporated both Easter eggs and crosses! I am your newest follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sharing your beautiful banner today! http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/04/easter-and-springtime-banners.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharing your banner again today!  I just love it! http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/04/easter-cross-crafts.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute banner. Thanks for linking  up at friday fun party..

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to have your comments so post away!