Happy Friday everyone! Today's Friday Five takes a peak at what to do when you are ultra-focused on getting preggers! As in pregnant. Like, now already, right? Oh have I've so been there! This month I am going to post the story of our path to parenthood. We've been blessed with two beautiful girls via invitro fertilization (IVF) procedures. Here's the way I made it through the long hours of waiting for that moment when I first held them in my arms!
Teagan at 5 months old in Ireland
1. TwoWeekWait.com - This brilliant trying to conceive(TTC) and pregnancy community is a miracle in disguise! I can not tell you how many hours I've spent on this site but it provided sweet distraction when I needed it most! You can join forums based on your age, fertility treatment type and more. This is the spot where you can also obsess with others on your early pregnancy symptoms, ask questions and get a ton of support! Then we you do get your BFP (or positive pregnancy test) head on over to their pregnancy boards to meet other women with your due date. Elle has really put together something special with this site!
2. Nameberry - While you are dreaming away of that little baby in your arms check out trending around popular names, meanings, and more! I think I could have at least 50 children before I used up all my favorite names! I am still in shock that this site predicts Isla will be in the top 10 here this year! Wow! I'd never met an Isla before but there is one in her church nursery, Kade's school and more so I suppose the numbers are climbing. We still love the name along with Teagan's and wouldn't change anything.
3. Conceive Magazine - For every woman who is tired of sitting in a doctor's office full of magazines covering pregnancy or parenting, Conceive is a breath of fresh air. Full of tips and information on how to get increase your odds of getting pregnant, this is the online version!
4. Can You See A Line.com - Join over 20000 members to vote on pregnancy tests or submit your own, post in our forum and more! If you are willing to look at another person's pee sticks, zooming in and darkening to determine if there is any sort of line then consider yourself in Super Baby Obsessed status. Still, kinda fun if you are testing and want to compare your results against others who went on to have a successful pregnancy!
5. Betabase.info - This site collects beta scores from pregnancies and makes the information available as a public service. You can enter your beta numbers to find out how they are doubling and where they are charting according to other women who are the same number of weeks pregnant. For those of you going through infertility treatment this is an awesome site in that it can take your beta numbers and tell you statistically if they indicate a multiple pregnancy!
Wherever you are in your trying to conceive journey I wish you well! Feel free to shoot me questions or prayer requests below or at email@example.com.
*Babydust* to you!