Thursday, April 12, 2012

She Speaks!

She Speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. 
Proverbs 31:26

She Speaks Graduate

I hope you are having a blessed and thankful Thursday! For a few weeks I've been wanting to share the exciting news that this year I will be going to my very first blogging conference called She Speaks

Attending this conference has been a desire of my heart for years. But in the past five years we've had so many medical expenses due to infertility treatments. And we have taken the Dave Ramsey challenge to Live Like No One Else now so we can Live Like No One Else later which means without debt (with the exception of our mortgage which we are working to eliminate). 

In the past that meant the expense of going to the She Speaks conference was not possible. But I am so grateful for my amazing family and friends who consistently encourage me to write and pursue the ministry I believe God has called me to through my blog. This year my twin sister Melissa insisted I commit to going to the conference ...and you guys...I am STILL breathless about this....she's covered the cost. 

I am so humbled and thankful to her and to God who moved her heart to make such a sweet, amazing gift. I can't wait to see my absolute favorite Christian author, Lysa TerKeurst!! I've met her briefly once after seeing her speak, gone through two of her books as part of a Bible Study and feel like she is a sister! I am so inspired by her so this will be an amazing experience in itself!


And it will give me goosebumps to finally meet Renee Swope, Karen Ehman, T. Suzanne Eller along with all the other Proverbs 31 Ministry speakers and writers that inspire me on a daily basis through their devotionals and books. Plus I am so excited to meet publishers and literary agents from Zondervan and more to see what possible next steps might be available as I continue to craft my writing skills. 


I've already signed up for amazing breakout sessions including

  • Reaching Today’s Busy Woman
  • The Song Only You Can Sing: Finding Your Voice
  • Unforgettable: How to Give a Message that Lingers and Lasts
  • From Blog to Book Deal
  • Magazine Writing 101: Honing Your Writing Skills
  • Walking Beside the Brokenhearted
  • Writing Life-changing Devotions

There are so many incredible sessions and I've only listed a fraction here. I also can't wait to see what new friendships and support come from being in a room with roughly 600 incredible women called to grow and glorify God's Kingdom!

Registration is still open and I would so love to meet YOU if you have the opportunity to join us. Here's the scoop! 


12th Annual She Speaks Conference!

July 20-22, 2012 in Concord, North Carolina


She Speaks is a life-changing conference for women of every generation seeking to explore the tug on her heart to reach out to the world for Jesus. Through She Speaks, Proverbs 31 Ministries encourages and equips women who are called by God to share our mission to bring God’s peace, perspective and purpose to today’s busy woman. Sharing God’s truth with love is not only a holy calling but a remarkable responsibility. We believe by equipping women to become more effective at sharing the Word of God, we multiply our efforts to reach a hurting world with the life-transforming hope of Jesus.

Have a wonderful day there! Tomorrow I will be sharing Liebster blog award nominations and I can't wait! Come back to see if your blog was nominated!

Blessings, Michelle

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like an uplifting conference.  I'm so happy for you and so proud of your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great and amazing gift from your sister. I am so happy she followed God's leading.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to have your comments so post away!