Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Tick Tock...Wall Clock Makeover Tutorial


Hope all are having a great week! I am SO excited about an adorable owl nursery set that a dear friend gave to Isla tonight for her first birthday! It made my heart so happy and lit a fire for me to get her room completed (finally!). I can't wait to share the final project with you soon, soon, soon! 

In the meantime, here is a sneak peak in the form of a simple clock makeover I made for the room. I love this peacock color, don't you? I started with some pur-ri-ty ugly cheapies from Wal-Mart that had good bones about them. 


I also made this one for Teagan's room which is a pink, black and white Paris theme at the moment. I have other bits of damask in the room so this fits in nicely!


To make the change I opened the back and put in solid colored scrapbook paper. Then I made the intricate pattern by simply flipping over these die cut pages I bought from Michael's ages ago for another project! The result? A simple but fun way to pop color into a room! I was inspired by an idea a mommy gave me on a pregnancy forum board about three years ago. I have no idea where she is now but if IAMSAM is out there, thanks for the inspiration!



And now to see what you've got going on! I so hope you'll join my Stars and Stripes party that focuses on anything red, white or blue! 




Teagan's travels button, 2012 february


And what if you don't have anything red, white or blue to link up? Never fear, my regular party Destination: Inspiration is going on now too!






Have a great Thursday everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Very creative! Well done!
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job on your clock.
    It's Cheri from Its So Very Cheri. I am following along.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clocks can be placed anywhere within the home and they will look in place with its surroundings. They can be placed on tabletops and desks, walls, and even stand alone units placed on the floor such as a Grandfather clock.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to have your comments so post away!