Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Final Countdown!

Hello friends! I hope you had a great weekend where you are. I had to capture this shot of Teagan's milk last week because of the expiration date of April 18, 2011! That is two days after Teagan's super pink cowgirl themed birthday party and two days before the birth of her baby brother or sister...at least that's the plan anyway! I can't believe we are just three weeks away!

And the cookies have a link too! My friend Linda gave me the awesome recipe and tells me they help promote lactation - so I assume that means I needn't feel too guilty about scarfing a few under the guise of making them for friends, right? Check out the easy recipe below. These are sure to become a favorite especially if you like chocolate and banana bread...and I ask you, who doesn't?


Come on April! I am just crossing my fingers for the perfect weather on Saturday, April 16th which is the day of Teagan's birthday party. We've had all kinds of crazy weather in the south this spring so it could get interesting!

Linda's Super Awesome Chocolate Banana Cookies


Ingredients

3 ripe bananas

2 cups rolled oats

1 cup Ghirardelli dark chocolate morsels

1/3 c. vegetable oil

1 tsp vanilla extract


Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a large bowl mash the bananas. Stir in oats, chocolate, oil and vanilla. Mix well and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Drop by the teaspoon full onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes in oven or until lightly brown.


Speaking of Linda, she sent me this great shot of Teagan from our play date last week! Teagan will rarely look at me when I have the camera in my hand these days...how did she get wise to me so early in the game? Anyway, so this picture was a nice surprise! Thanks Linda!

I hope you all are off to a great start of the week! More posts to come so stay tuned.....

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to have your comments so post away!