Monday, January 14, 2013

Let God Have His Say



Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else." 2 Corinthians 9:13 (NIV)

Before the sun makes its debut I sit at my computer, reading Ann Voskamp’s A Blogger’s Prayer.

I am no longer my own blogger, but Thine, O Lord…

Each day I am humbled by this calling, which has become my passion. I started as a stay at home mother sharing simple, sweet pictures of my babies with my first follower: Mom. And I remember well the initial post where I felt God prompting me to say more. Open my heart. Be vulnerable in black and white … all in His Name.

It was a terrifying step. I battled with feelings of not being qualified. Who was I to try to influence? Would anyone read it? My friends might think I’d become a Jesus freak. What if I share and no one reads it? I’d be embarrassed if it turned out to be nothing more than horribly bad writing.

My doubt, so carefully considered in the beginning, doesn’t matter now. Because God qualifies the called and though I cherish every reader, I write for Him these days. In my little corner of blogosphere, my Lord whispers His words softly to me as I sit down to write. And I say a grateful, “Use me Lord.”

Use me to share a devotion with that reader in China. Open the heart of those people I can see visited my blog from United Arab Emirates. France. India. Costa Rica. Because perhaps they don’t have a mega church down the street? Or a women’s bible study to join. It could be sharing their faith…or exploring it, is a dangerous occupation. Protect them God. Let them know You love them.

Use me God, to share the dire needs of children in poverty around the world. So they can see Jesus. Have fresh water to drink. Shoes. A vegetable crop. Compassion.

The blessings have been all mine on this journey. Stronger relationships with those  I had. Being asked by a girlfriend who didn’t go to church if we could start a bible study. New friendships around the globe. A sense of pride that I am doing what I can to make this world better. To grow God’s Kingdom instead of keeping the treasure of salvation to myself. To change the life of a family, one child at a time.

Sweet friend, my question for you today is this: If you could change your corner of the world today…would you?

Take Out:  How can you use your sphere of influence? It can be something as local as hosting a bible study, volunteering for a non-profit organization, starting a fundraising effort for a group in need or raising awareness. Pray the bold prayer asking God to use you and your life to change this world for the better.

Prayer:
God, we pray that you open our minds and hearts to what your will is for our lives. That we would have the courage to greet your calling so we may influence the lives of those around us.  In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Power Scriptures:
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”  Isaiah 6:8 (NIV)

He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. Luke 10:2 (NIV)

He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. Mark 16:15 (NIV)

How can you (or are you) use your sphere of influence to change your world? I'd love to hear!

4 comments:

  1. This was a beautiful post. Thank you, you blessed me today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray all is well with you, Michelle. I love this post and your kind heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lovely, I'm your newest follower from Linky follower Party. Followed you via Linky Follower. Love your Awesome & adorable blog.

    Feel free to drop by, follow and comment @ www.revampspunkyrena.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to have your comments so post away!