Monday, July 9, 2012

The Heart of a Dinosaur & Destination: Inspiration Linky Party is Back!


God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. Therefore we will not 
fear though the earth give way and the mountains fall to the heart of the sea. 
Psalm 46:1-2

Teagan is all about the color green, being three years old, dinosaurs, and snakes.  In that order.  Now, I know what you are thinking: she is a ballerina in the making, no? OK, maybe not.  Luckily our local library has all she needs to nurture our little paleontologist in the making.  This week we checked out a really cute book called The Littlest Dinosaur by Michael Foreman.  So far we have read it no less than twenty times. 
Public Domain Photo

I've been thinking about a line in the book. The Littlest Dinosaur was terrified and feeling quite small, he decided that because he was, after all, a dinosaur, he would be brave in the midst of fear. It was his right. It was natural. And this forced courage prompted him to have true courage. In the end, he was able to encourage another frightened creature in the woods and lead him to safety. 

The heart of a dinosaur. 


In recent days as I have missed my mom terribly. My stepmother. My father. Man. What a tough year. My heart, I must admit, has been torn. I find quiet moments the hardest. When it is tough to be brave. I find it impossible to imagine me...little me, encouraging others. But what I know...in my littlest dinosaur heart...is that I am a child of God. And it is my right to rely on the greatest power in this world. It is natural. It makes sense. Nothing and no one can conquer our Lord. And His truth tells us He is with us always. When we worry. When we fear. When when cry and need comfort. And I know with God's help I too can find a courage that will lead me to encourage others. And for this reason, I praise Him for this storm. For these moments that so prepare me to walk beside the brokenhearted. 

My Senior Pastor at church offered up this wonderful quote. Praise God for His timing which always gives me the perfect message just when I need it most:

William Arthur Ward said, "Flatter me, and I may not believe you.  Criticize me, and I may not like you.  Ignore me, and I may not forgive you.  Encourage me, and I will not forget you.


And so friends...today, my Destination: Inspiration linky party is back! But I am changing things up a bit. Today and future linky parties are still about inspiration...and encouragement. After much soul searching I moving away from the crafting and recipes focus in lieu of inspirational writing. If you are a blogger I so wanna read your past and present writings. Submit away as many entries as you like! I can't wait to read each and every one of your entries!



Passport to an Awesome 
Destination: Inspiration Party!!!



Teagan's Travels Button, 2012 February

I Was Featured, 2012 February



*I  am trying to grow my little blog so I'd really be excited if you would follow me using Google  Friends Connect or Linky Followers on my sidebar!


*Grab my button and post it somewhere on your blog if you want to totally make my week.

*Link to your post instead of your overall blog address.

*We all love comments so spread the love to at least one other blogger.


Have a great week! 
Blessings,
Michelle


6 comments:

  1. Love this idea! I tweeted it so maybe a few of my very few followers will be over to see you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Thank you SO much, Cameron! All are welcome here and I hope to see this inspirational linky party grow each week!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for loving the Lord, and for encouraging others to praise Him... even when it hurts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for YOUR encouragement, Hollie! I so have appreciated all your sweet comments over the weeks when it was just hard enough getting dressed for the day! I praise God for putting such wonderful, beautiful and encouraging people in my life, in person and online. Hugs!
      Michelle

      Delete
  3. Hi Michelle, I am catching up on your blog tonight. Just reading all about your respiratory virus. I have been down since the 3rd of July with something very similar. Have been tested for everything. I got sick two days after Jim and I moved back home while Mary and the kids went to Colorado. It is almost like something in this house made everyone sick. Just wondering about the rest of your family. My doctor now thinks I have pertussis. Tested today for it and will know in 3 days. Is everyone else better now? I worry my house has a bad germ!!
    I gave Jim several things we found and I hope he has mailed some to the owners! One was a green and brown blankie that looked very important. Tonight Joy brought down a brown soft bunny that looks like it might be important, too. Let me know which direction to mail it to and I will.
    I picked up my phone to call Mo two weeks ago. I had just driven Kaci to camp down by Waco. Mo had helped me pray and pray for her. As soon as I got in my car to drive home, I grabbed my phone to call her and tell her how good Kaci was after I have not seen her in six months. I just really needed to talk to Mo. I can only imagine how many times a day all of you do the same thing. About little things that Mo always listened to like they were so important to her because they were important to us. I miss her so much. You all are her legacy. What a Grand legacy she left.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam! Oh my goodness!! I so hope you don't have pertussis! Will you keep us posted? I feel terrrrrrible...what if we are the ones who infected your house after you guys so sweetly opened it up for us?? We are finally on the mend and I think we just might have had two viruses at the same time. One left us with a horrible smokers type cough and the other made us throw up. Yelch. We still have a bit of the cough but it has gotten much better. Saying prayers you guys recover soon, soon, soon!

    Oh my goodness. We are a disaster at leaving things behind. Sounds like the blanket and brown bunny are ours. Little Tea is especially tied to brown bunny but thankfully forgot about him. If you think of it, give them to Jim but if not, no worries at all!

    I actually have something for you guys that just came in yesterday. Just a little something so I'll get your address from Jim. We had such an amazing time there with all the family and cousins. I can't wait to share some of the fun pictures we took of the cousins in white playing outside!

    We love you guys so much! I had a super tough day yesterday. I just feel like mom is on a trip and will be back any day now. Gosh. It's hard. But I so love being able to keep in touch with you guys, her friends that she loved so much. She would call and tell me the funnest stories. You always made her laugh SO much and she treasured you, just treasured you like nothing else!

    Love, Michelle

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to have your comments so post away!