Monday, September 10, 2012

Destination Inspiration #23 & Featured Blogger



Today we remember all the families and friends impacted by the tragic events on 9/11/01. May God protect you and bless you. Our family will deliver milk and cookies to two local fire departments as a thank you for their protection and service. 

I'd love to hear, are you doing anything special to mark this  day?


FEATURED BLOGGER

Now, on to this week's featured blogger! 
Gail Purath, author of Bible Love Notes, is one of the reasons I love the blog world. Without it, I may have gone a lifetime without the privilege of getting to know one of the most interesting and encouraging persons I've ever "met." We've just begun a friendship that promises to be great. I am sure as you read more about her you'll be hooked too so read on!



1. Tell us about you and your ministry.
I'm a wife, mother, grandmother, former Army wife and former missionary to Budapest, Hungary. In my 35 years as a Christian, I've always been involved in women's ministry: writing, teaching, speaking and mentoring. 

Last July I created Bible Love Notes and each weekday I post a devotion that can be read in 1 minute or less. Most of my subscribers are busy women who want "an extra shot of Scripture in their morning latte." 



Besides the 1-Minute devotions sent to subscribers, I also write Marriage posts, Creative posts (crafts, decor, photography), and Blog Tips that are pictorially archived on separate pages on my blog.

Click the links below to visit each of Gail's post by topic:






2. Share something unusual about your life. 
I was born in Colorado, but I've moved over 40 times in my life. I've lived in California, North and South Dakota, Kansas, Oklahoma, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Kentucky, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Germany and Hungary. And another unusual thing is that I never graduated from college, but I have a Masters degree from seminary, which I got at age 53.

3. Your topics and titles are always compelling. Can you give us tips for honing our skills in this area? 
{Thanks, you're very kind}
I think my best devotions are written from personal experience, using something that has happened in my life or the lives of other Christians. And I try to write titles that would attract my attention without making them misleading. God is constantly speaking to us through everyday events, and all we really need to do is "listen with writers' ears." I can't tell you how often something happens and I say "That's a devotion!"  


4. What other tips would you give to women sharing their faith via the written word?
It's important that we all pray for our readers and ask God to give us the ideas and skill to write well. Then it's our responsibility to do our very best. For me that entails writing, rewriting, editing, letting it rest, and editing it again. Then, when I'm comfortable with my content, I format it so it's most attractive to busy readers. 

According to experts, you will lose readers by poor formatting even if your content is great.

5. Show us what you've got! Share the title, description and link to your favorite post!
This is one of my favorite devotions because God often uses my grandchildren to show me something I would miss otherwise. It's called




What a little cutie! Thanks so much for the encouragement and inspiration today, Gail! I always look forward to your comments and submissions on Teagan's Travels' Destination: Inspiration Tuesdays! 


If you are interested in guest posting or being featured here send an email to teaganstravels@yahoo.com. It would be great if you include a picture as well and a blog button, if you have one. 



Alright, we are off to another great party!! 
Share as many inspirational posts as you like!

Passport to an Awesome 
Destination: Inspiration Party!!!

Teagan's Travels Button, 2012 February

I Was Featured, 2012 February



*I  am trying to grow my little blog so I'd really be excited if you would follow me using Google  Friends Connect or Linky Followers on my sidebar!

*Grab my button and post it somewhere on your blog if you want to totally make my week.

*Link to your post instead of your overall blog address.

*We all love comments so spread the love to at least one other blogger.


Have a great week! 
Blessings,
Michelle




5 comments:

  1. Dear Michelle, Thanks so much for this feature...I feel very blessed. There is such a tendency for us to be self-promoting, but you truly seek to bless others on your blog (Philippians 2:3,4). I'm impacted by your example, and I pray God will bless you for all that you do. Gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Gail. You have been such an incredible inspiration to me and so it was my pleasure to feature you! Thank you for all the encouragement you and your Bible Love Notes provide!

      Blessings, Michelle

      Delete
  2. I love Gail Purath and it was a blessing reading this interview :-) You gave some very excellent tips about writing which I will put into practice as I continue learning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Gail's posts... if I had a list of 3 Christians I would like to meet from the world of Blog, Gail would be on that list. I would want to spend a day or two with Gail learning how to write - tips from an expert. If you're ever in Scotland Gail - let me know :D

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to have your comments so post away!