Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Destination: Inspiration Link Party #22 & Cool Teacher Gifts


I hope you had a great weekend! Ours was jam packed with tons of fun and I have some great pictures to share. I had a wonderful guest blogger lined up for today but our days were so crazy here that I didn't give her time to complete the interview questions so I decided to hold off on a featured blogger for the week. 

Instead, I am re-posting this easy teacher gift. I also took this as a hostess gift to my friend Krissy's Labor Day weekend party! It is a cool twist on giving the teach an apple. 

Caramel Cream Toffee Dip



I borrowed this idea from Event Trender on Pinterest. It is a twist on an apple for the teacher. Who could resist carmel apple with chocolate toffee dip? Super easy to make an inexpensive too!


Ingredients
- one package cream cheese, softened
- one package Marzetti's carmel dip
- green apples
- Heath chocolate toffee bars 

Additional
- 2-4 half pint mason jars
- natural colored raffia ribbon
- cellophane bags
 - decorative ribbon

Directions
Mix cream cheese and some caramel in a bowl to taste. This tip here is to not make this bottom layer too sweet as the carmel and candy layers will do that work for you! Smooth about a 1/2 to inch thick layer in the bottom of the mason jar. Wipe edges clean with a dry paper towel. 

Add a layer of caramel. Chop toffee bars into chocolate chip sized pieces. I use a kitchen knife for this. Layer toffee on top. Seal jar. Wrap jar and green apple within celeophane bag. Seal with ribbons. 

*Make sure recipient knows to refrigerate due to the cream cheese layer. 

If you are interested in guest posting or being featured here send an email to teaganstravels@yahoo.com. It would be great if you include a picture as well and a blog button, if you have one. 


Alright, we are off to another great party. 
Share as many inspirational posts as you like!

Passport to an Awesome 
Destination: Inspiration Party!!!

Teagan's Travels Button, 2012 February

I Was Featured, 2012 February



*I  am trying to grow my little blog so I'd really be excited if you would follow me using Google  Friends Connect or Linky Followers on my sidebar!

*Grab my button and post it somewhere on your blog if you want to totally make my week.

*Link to your post instead of your overall blog address.

*We all love comments so spread the love to at least one other blogger.


Have a great week! 
Blessings,
Michelle



2 comments:

  1. Hi, Michelle. I had someone tell me today that they hadn't gotten an email I sent, so I'm wondering if you got mine asking for the questions. I hope you don't think that I wasn't greateful to be asked to be your guest feature. Please send the questions whenever you get a chance. and I love your Teacher's Gift idea...delicious. Bless you, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail! I am SO excited about having you guest post next week. Got your info and am looking forward to it. Thanks for always inspiring me here and on your lovely blog.

    Blessings, Michelle

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to have your comments so post away!