Monday, August 20, 2012

Destination: Inspiration Linky Party #20 and Featured Blogger

Welcome to a new Destination: Inspiration Linky Party! I am so grateful you are here and can't wait to read some of the awesome inspiration you have in store for us this week. But before we dive in, I want to introduce you to this week's Featured Blogger.

Lara Sadowski, author of 
Journey of a Southern Gal
Peach Cobbler, Ice Tea and My Walk With the Lord

Lara and I met at the She Speaks conference in July. We became fast friends within a group of precious women that super charged my experience there. Now we encourage each other daily, pray for one another and are forming a writing critique group!

Do you have girlfriends who have come into your life with such ease that you feel you have known each other forever? That's Lara for me and I imagine so many other lives she touches! I can't wait for you to get to know her better too so read on!



1. Tell us about you and your ministry.
My name is Lara Sadowski, and I am a newlywed, married 18 months to my sweet David! When we said our "I DOs" on February 13, 2011, I also became a stepmother to Derik, now 15 years old. I could not ask for a better stepson, and I love him with all of my heart. Boy, am I blessed!! 

My blog is "Journey of a Southern Gal" and I write about my life growing up in the South, but I mostly write about how much I love Jesus Christ. I battled clinical depression from childhood, and that depression led me down the dark road of anorexia nervosa when I was only 11 years old. I spent a good chunk of my life in physical and emotional pain, but the Lord never left my side. He led me to an amazing Christian counselor about 10 years ago, and I have been in recovery ever since. "His Perfect Image Ministries" was born out of my pain, but our Lord is in the "Making Lemonade Out Of Lemons" business. I am blessed to be able to share my story of healing to girls and women alike who are battling or who have battled the same demons I did, and His Perfect Image Ministries is an amazing platform on which I can do that.

2. Share something unusual about your life.
WOW! Something unusual about my life? Well, I am 44 years old, but I still love the Muppets and Charlie Brown as much as I did when I was a kid. I love to dance, so I so enjoy doing the "Charlie Brown Kids" dance when I am brushing my teeth. It gives my hubby a big chuckle. I also have the "Linus and Lucy Theme" as my ring tone on my iPhone, so you can always find me dancing before I hit "Answer." :-)

3.  How did you discover blogging and why do you do it?
I discovered blogging through journalling. I have kept a journal/diary since I was a kid, so blogging was just another way to get my thoughts on paper (or on screen). The beautiful thing about blogging is that words can reach countless numbers of people around the world. What a gift God has given us so we can encourage His flock with His good news!!

4.  Where was your favorite trip and why?
Oh, my favorite trip? It has to be Paris, France! I went five years ago with my sister and one of our best friends, and we had a ball! Loving history and crepes (not necessarily in that order!), I fell in love with Paris as well as Normandy and the Loire Valley Region. David and I have both been to France -  just not together, so we are planning a trip to experience it. The Lourve was my FAVORITE part, and I need at least five days to get through that. And the bowls of chocolate mousse were not bad either!!

5. Show us what you've got! Share the title, description and link to your favorite post!

Please come visit me at "Journey of a Southern Gal" at www.journeyofasoutherngal.blogspot.com.  I only have two posts so far (new blog!), but I will link you to a post about my experience at the She Speaks 2012 Conference:



Please visit Lara's site and say hello! I look forward to hearing more from her on Teagan's Travels, hopefully as a future guest blogger and through linking up weekly!


If you are interested in guest posting or being featured here send an email to teaganstravels@yahoo.com. It would be great if you include a picture as well and a blog button, if you have one. 


Alright, we are off to another great party. 
Share as many inspirational posts as you like!

Passport to an Awesome 
Destination: Inspiration Party!!!

Teagan's Travels Button, 2012 February

I Was Featured, 2012 February



*I  am trying to grow my little blog so I'd really be excited if you would follow me using Google  Friends Connect or Linky Followers on my sidebar!

*Grab my button and post it somewhere on your blog if you want to totally make my week.

*Link to your post instead of your overall blog address.

*We all love comments so spread the love to at least one other blogger.


Have a great week! 
Blessings,
Michelle




1 comment:

  1. Love your linky, Michelle... and love your story, Lara! You girls bless me. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to have your comments so post away!